Learning consultations are a way for families to get quality time and expert advice from an experienced teacher. They are a sustainable alternative to regular tuition as they empower the parent to support their child longer term.
They aim to:
- Build confidence
- Accelerate progress
- Increase enjoyment
- A phone call with the parent to discuss concerns, history and personality of the child
- A 1:1 assessment with the pupil in setting of your choice
- An advice session with the parent
- A personalised learning pack for the family to work towards targets
- 2 mini-tutorials
- A follow up
- The option for ‘top up’ sessions and to join tuition groups for further support
Reasons for having a learning consultation might include (but are far from limited to):
- Building confidence in area of learning that your child is struggling with
- catching up on areas of learning that may have been missed
- addressing and advising on a specific need such as dyslexia
- stretching a child who is finding work at school too easy
- preparing a pupil for a particular test or assessment such as the 11 plus
- to gain an accurate teacher’s assessment of where your child is at and what they need to do to improve
Learning consultations take place in either your home or mine at a time that suits both teacher and family and cost £225. Siblings cost £200.
Take a look at our testimonials or call us for more information.